In order for us to register you as a member, you must attend the members’ meeting at the Eduanpark Cafe parking lot and bring the following with:
- a) A city council bill / Rental agreement as proof of address,
- b) Mobile numbers of you and your spouse or other household members,
- c) An e-mail address to which we can send all correspondence
- d) Your confirmation of how you can contribute to EDWEL (patrols always have the biggest deficit)
EDWEL membership is FREE of charge. However, our members are requested to assist with patrols, either day or night. Members in good standing are also encouraged to obtain a two-way radio to enable them to actively engage in being the eyes and ears for our community and report suspicious activities, but also to respond to incidents in our area. Radio communication is of the utmost importance.
Members in good standing may also request to be added on to the following Wapp Groups:
- EMERGENCY: used for emergencies in our EDWEL area. Management also use this forum to send emergency notifications as well as general notifications
- PATROL: where patrollers confirm patrol shifts
- LOST & FOUND: for the sake of pets who are missing or found wondering in the street
- CITY COUNCIL: where general problems such as Street lights, burst pipes, sewer overflows and power or water outages can be reported and confirmed
Members in good standing may also request that our radio channels be programmed on their radios. Radios are available at Coopers Two Way and Televonic and the cost should be confirmed with which ever supplier you choose. There is also a monthly fee of approximately R50 for renting the “repeater” also payable to your supplier of choice.
EDWEL members care for and assist fellow community members working together to make our area the most sought after in the whole of Polokwane.